Friday, April 16, 2010

Ultimate daddy daughter day

We have decided that daughters and daddy's need each other. Here are two reasons. Thank you Becca for your post with these in them.

"Relish the moments when she toddles up and for no reason at all throws her arms around your neck. Resist the urge to buy her the world."



Daddy's need their little girls. And little girls need their Dad's. Growing up we would have date night with dad. It was one on one and I remember feeling SO important. It usually entailed running errands but I always got a happy meal or a dipped cone out of it. And I knew that my Dad loved me. 


Just as couples need date nights, so do little girls. And just as mommy's need "alone" time (which still I can't manage even if I am in the shower or going on the toilet and if you are mom you totally get what I mean), we knew that an hour out with just the hubbs and the toddler together would be magical. 
................................................................
As stated earlier, McKay and I are opposites in SO MANY THINGS. But not in the things that really matter. Like traveling for instance. 


"Take her out of town to somewhere she's never been at least once a year. This will develop her sense of adventure."


We love to travel. Out of country, state or just to a new town. Or even to just a new exhibit. It doesn't seem to matter. I recently started to put my hard-earned education to work as an event planner. This weekend will be an open house and I know I will be invisible. McKay will be a single dad for a few days.


As mentioned we love to travel and are always looking to find a great deal on something. The hubs stumble across a steal of a deal to Lousiville, KY for this coming weekend only. So he got it and is headed off to Louisville. Why to KY you ask? The toddlers cousin is getting blessed this weekend. It will be a TOTAL SURPRISE ! 


And it will be the ULTIMATE DADDY DAUGHTER DAY (or weekend). 


And that is why my husband rocks. Because he will willingly and lovingly take a 20moth old on a plane and stay for 3 days.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Holy Cow!! Don't you want to go too?
That sounds like so much fun. What are you going to do while they are away?
I love surprises! Anyone else flying in for the blessing?

THE SMITHS said...

Wow! that is so awesome! I totally agree on the daddy daughter thing. I just have a hard time leaving my Sophie. She is my best friend and SO you are amazing to let McKay take her for three days! I hope they have so much fun! yeah!

marcia said...

We did something similar growing up except it was with both parents and they took us one at a time to go out with them. I only remember them doing it while in Africa but it was fun without the other siblings.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)