Friday, December 4, 2009

My Dad


Family in Hawaii eating shaved Ice in Hale`ewa. The best reunion hands down. Although I was 6 Months along and missing my one true loveOut of 10 kids, just three are at home now as noted below. Here we are in Maui. That is Seth's attempt at a smile I think... looks more like a scowl to me.

This is my dad in Vegas this year with the first grandson, Mason.
I


Don't let his calm demeanor fool you though, Dad is a crazy one that is for sure. Always playing pranks, (like throwing fake mice at defenseless daughters while cleaning the garage or hiding just outside the window at night just to hit it hard and scare defenseless daughters)

December is a month of many birthdays for the Limary/Poulson. One of the most important ones though is my Dad's.

For me to properly expound on his qualities and goodness and example to me, well frankly, it would be a much longer and more personal than I wish to trumpet on the world wide web.

I will say that he is a great example of faith and courage. He has come from very difficult circumstances that I am just beginning to find out about. He forsook everything to join the church and to serve the Lord. He always provided for all of us which meant long hours and handle anytime at home so that mom could stay at home with us. We always had the basics... food to eat and a place to sleep.

Really, I could go on and on but I will just leave it at that for now and say thank you dad. I hope this birthday is the best one yet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really Sweet Makana. I have such affectionate feelings towards my dad too. This just reminded me of how thankful I am for both my mom and dad. It's such a blessing to have awesome paretns!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)