Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When all is said and done

Today I was thinking about all the many things that pull at my time.
Today I was thinking this while a toddler scurries around my legs and while I was trying to load the dishwasher before the little one could un-load it for me.
Today I was thinking about how beautiful fog is.
Today I was thinking that I am not where I imagined myself being as a 27-year-old.
I thought I would have more than my associates degree. I thought I would have three kids. I thought I have my life more together. I thought I could manage dinner every day and a clean house and laundry. I thought I could do it all. And do it easily.
...and then I read this touching story about NieNie.

And I remembered that I am happy. I am in love. I am cherished. I am a mother to a really wonderful daughter. I have freedom. I have a place to live. I have savings and food storage and great friends and family.
As I read more I realized that I have so much to be thankful for. And really, I have ZERO reason to think negatively. I have no room to feel sad. No reason under the blue sky to even vent to a friend.
I have more than I imagined myself having at 27. And life is beautiful. When all is said and done, I have the saving gospel of Jesus Christ and with that knowledge of His love and my own divinity, I can climb my own mountains.

2 comments:

Kristine Parker said...

That was an awesome post and a good reminder of what a great life I have because of the gospel. I also thought my life at 27 would be a bit different but it is probably better then I imagened it!! BTW I am in the westbrook 1st ward? Do you know anyone in this area? I could use some mommy friends and workout partners!

marcia said...

What a beautiful post and reminder to us all that what are dreams were and what our life ends up being may be completely different but still as joyous. I'm grateful that I got such a wonderful daughter-in law! You truly are a blessing in my life. I tell everyone I got lucky in that regard.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)