Friday, March 26, 2010

Do you have friends like these?


Friends are relatives you make for yourself.

I am finishing a family history photo book. It is almost all only photos and it is a way for the toddler to "see" and "know" her aunts and uncles and grandparents since we are away from the majority of them. And I was scouring through pictures from Matt and Tia, I came across this one in my wedding album. 
We are missing a few people, Mark and Megan, Elliot and Channel, Joe and Jess, Brandon and Kami, Kim and Lane, and Ben just to name a few. But, most of us are here. And this single picture speaks volumes to me. 

What can it possibly say you ask?

Long nights up talking, learning what was important, witnesses to my first kiss at 19, late-night movies, dancing at the Mine Shaft, High School Prom dates, early morning seminary, just to name a few.

Most importantly, girls camp, and Youth Conference and testimony growing experiences.  

And now I am all teary eyed.... (deep breath) 

Without these good folks you see, I am not sure how those precious teenage years would have turned out. Mine were filled with laughter, T.P Runs, leaders who understood me and parents who guided me and friends to fill in all the blanks and keep me holding on when all I wanted to do was let go. 

Thank you for letting me in your life. Thank you for "being there" and thank you for your love even today. And most important to me is that I was able to find my best friend of all... the cute tall one in grey behind me. :)

5 comments:

McKay said...

What gray shirt is that and why does it look like I'm wearing a white dress?

makana said...

haha! Its one of Jon's shirts and I have no idea why you are wearing a dress. Actually, I bet you are holding something. :)

Tina said...

So cute!
I'm glad you have friends like that. Being away from friends for the past 4 years has put a damper on friendships but at least we follow each other with blogs. I'm glad you had such a strong support system growing up.

sarah tangataevaha said...

love you kana!

One Girl and Three Crazy Boys! said...

wow, that picture is sooo old, but it almost seems like it was taken yesterday. crazy! it would be so much fun to have everyone all together again, (that seems to only happen at weddings though, and i don't think there is anyone left to get married...)

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)