Friday, March 5, 2010

A few good men

Well, one actually. Just one please. Just one good man to take out the trash, watch the toddler, (and I mean that in a "watch-the-toddler-responsible-way", not the "watch-the-toddler-dump-out-all-the-moving-boxes-and-toys-way). One who will load and unload the dishes, one who will fold the laundry and put them all away. Yes, all. His, mine and the toddlers. A man who will call to say "I'm passing by the store, want anything?" When I know for a FACT that he may very well HATE the store...and comes home not only with much needed diapers but also flowers. Just because. One who will make dinner, start to finish (including clean-up).
..................................................................
Maybe if this keeps up, (getting what I want because I am a mom&wife&and entitled), I will be more willing to give him what he wants. Like playing tennis. Oh I do not like tennis. But we can't all have it all.
.............................................................
These past weeks have been trying for me. Why? Probably because I am selfish and as stated... entitled. I am not sure what yet, but I am sure I am. And so, after a particularly exasperating day, I stuck the toddler in the tub.  Its her favorite place besides the water dispenser from the fridge. I grabbed my book (Fable haven for the second time around) and settled in on my porcelain throne for 45minutes of reading. Ahhh... big sigh. 3 minutes later, she wants out. Really?! Sorry, you have to stay in. I'm busy. And being the independent girl that I have, she climbs out. Well, attempts to but it is pretty slippery and I picture how it must feel to be a penguin. Or maybe a seal. The water is hot, the girl is out streaking the in the living room and I say "I'm going to take a bath".
....................................................
Silence. I am totally caught up in my make believe world.

knock knock knock (and i think... please please no. Just let me sleep in here)

And it is a certain good man with grilled cheese on a plate. And now I have a big goofy grin across my face. A book, a tub, and grilled cheese. Heaven.
                                   THE END.

4 comments:

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

sooo cute. Its good to have a good man! I love mine. :)

Tina said...

You spoiled girl you!!
Way to go McKay!!

Niki Carter said...

That's cute.

marcia said...

Mckay you make me so proud! Makana thanks for appreciating him. You both are awesome. I love your stories Makana. You're such a talented writer!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)