Friday, March 19, 2010

Eye-candy?

My in-laws are really talented when it comes to the arts. I have been dreaming of getting a picture painted from my mother-in-law since I met her.

I came across these little treats of eye candy while moving and had to share them. It made me smile as I was looking through them and appreciate my husband that much more. I am not sure why, maybe it is just the nostalgia of days gone by. Ever have one of those moments?  Where everything goes a little blurry (think Saved by the Bell) and you go back in time... oh, I am starting to slip into past-land already.
Whew, that was close. I need to focus before going back there again.

Now, you get to feast your eyes on these. 6th grade pencil drawing of Pres. McKinley. Pretty good huh?


Starry Night 4th grade... Uhm, I am pretty sure I could not do that even now. 
"Fisherman in the blue shirt"
By: McKay Hansen 4th grade
When you read the title it automatically feels "grown-up" doesn't it?




On a side note: If you ever want a good laugh, go back and read journal entries from when you were a pre-teen! McKay and I could not stop laughing. Most of them started with-"I am supposed to be cleaning my room" or "My mom is so mean!" (which is FAR from the truth)

2 comments:

Tina said...

McKay, I had no idea you could draw like that. I knew about your mom but you?... that is amazing. Makana, you should get McKay to draw something for your house along with Marcia. What talent. I'm a little jealous. I have NO artistic ability anywhere in my whole body. Loved your drawings, even from grade school. I couldn't do it even now.

marcia said...

I forgot about those pics. Yes Mckay you are talented and thanks Makana for wanting a pic. I feel like I need to get good and figure out how to paint before I'd be good enoughto give one away. But someday.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)