Friday, March 12, 2010

No dream killers allowed!! Thank you.

A ranch in Montana

see the baby grand in the corner?

We are not Millionaires. You too? And I am perfectly ok with that. We live in an apt and I am totally fine with that. And we function on one car and one scooter. And that's good for us. 

But sometimes... sometimes when the world gets too crazy and our neighbors have a party or the dog below can't stop barking... well, we talk. We dream. And we plan. 

The sentence usually starts out like this "Can we get { fill in the blank } for our ranch in Montana? 

The answer "yes, but only if we get two"

You see, this little ranch is our dream. Well, its mostly his dream but I like it so I adopted it as well. And in this dream there are certain rules. Just one. 

NO DREAM KILLERS ALLOWED.

What is a dream killer? Usually reality does it but sometimes it is saying no. When we first got married we got a CD set called "From here to Eternity" by Dr. Lund. If you have not listened to this yet, DO! Even if you have been married 50 years, please do. It is really remarkable. He addresses what a dream killer is. And you do not want to be that. EVER. 


Its nice having a ranch in Montana. So far, I have my chicken coop and he has is herd of cattle. Of course there are goats, sheep, and horses. And a pond with a boat and an island. And a river for fly fishing. A garden that blooms all year long (yes, even in the snow storms). There is a wrap around porch. There is a sun room, a reading room with books from the floor to the ceiling. Of course a movie room for the winter time and a basement full of our year supply for our family and neighbors. We have a wood shop and I have a craft room. There are ATV's and mine is pink. Of course there are snowmobiles and a guest house. They get their own snowmobiles too. 


Its nice having a dream. Will it ever happen? Probably not. Although if it does, you are invited. And we will probably turn it into a dude ranch for the summer time. That is another dream. Here's to you ranch! 

PS- every ranch worthy of being called a ranch has a name. Any suggestions?


5 comments:

Niki Carter said...

The Aloha Ranch of course;)

Kyle said...

I too have a dream of a ranch in Montana. I even drove out and looked at some property two years ago, except in my dream, there is a runway on the ranch. I also have a dream of a ranch in Pinto, UT. There is also a runway there.

You could call your ranch the M&M Estates. There always has to be an ampersand or an hyphen in the name.

Sapp Family said...

I think that's a great idea. We've got a few people going in on a summer cabin I'm going to build in a few years. It'll probably be in wyoming, but only about 50 miles from montana. If you guys want in, let me know. You're house plans are a little bigger than ours, but maybe we just need some bigger dreamers for inspriation. Oh yea, and thanks for the onesie, it looks great.
-Brad

marcia said...

K im coming in your dreams one night and letting you know the most beautiful place in the world is a home in the rocky mountains. Maybe by a lake in Eden. That really is the most beautiful place and while an hour away its still much closer.

The Parrys said...

sounds good to me!! :)

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)