Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Picnik

What a great website. Picnik. I have been testing it out and I like the results. So I posted some below. If you are looking for a good, FREE online photo editor, this may fit the bill. 

When we went bowling for free on Saturday, I took these snapshots. It was so warm and sunny it was hard to believe that it had been snowing earlier on... and that Monday would quickly bring rain clouds once more. 
Can you tell what I did here? I played around with the saturation and other things I can't remember. I also focused on the face and blurred out the rest. I know, she has crazy hair. Think "Daisy Maizy" or "Cindy-lou-who" That's because we started to go to a Dr. Seuss Party but could't find it. So this toddler was pretty tired
I made this one lighter and grainer. It was a bad shot but I am pleased with the results
And... Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss and to Caleb Larsen. 


4 comments:

McKay said...

As an FYI, I just found out that Piknik was bought by Google.

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

I know this is totally unrelated. But I just found out there's a Downeast Outfitter in Roseville! I'm probably the last to find out... but I was excited because I've been admiring all the things from there that YOU admire.

Niki Carter said...

Looks like fun. I'll check it out.

kaysi van dyke fox said...

oh how cool! i was wondering how everyone made their photo edges rounded off! LOVE IT!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)