Monday, May 3, 2010

7 days to Mothers Day

If you are a long time follower of your truly... or have been remotely near my during the months of August -October, you are well aware of a little tradition of ours.

It started, well now, I guess it started because of my Love Language. Know which one it is?


Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.

Weird huh? When I told my sister about this discover 3 years ago she said "Yeah, I already knew that about you." Really? Why didn't anyone tell me?

So that's that. I love to give people things. I will mention that in this mind set of receiving gifts that I am humbled when the Hubbs gives me the gift of time with him. Whether it is at night listening to my endless conversations of everything from the shallow celebrity gossip or the weighter matters of my tender heart or just going for ride with me while I do the errands, I always end up feeling so loved.

Ok enough mushy mushy stuff that no one but me really cares about.

Today I was notified of the newest tradition in our family. 7 days to Mothers day. I like this. A Lot.

Sunday evening update:
Monday: Notes from the hubbs
Tuesday:  Hubbs Laundry duty
Wednesday: Handmade tiles from the toddler
Thursday: Night out alone
Friday: Dinner at Isle de Honduras
Saturday: Free tickets to Iron Man II
Sunday: Breakfast and massage

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that is a tradition I think we need to get started in our family!!! go MaKay!

ps. the nikon d40 is the camera that I have as well. Sorry I forgot to get back w/ you. Pretty pictus!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)