Sunday, May 2, 2010

Adventure is out there.

to see the pictures bigger just double click on them

I LOVE LOVE camping. I love the tin foil dinners. I love messy s'mores. I love the ash-speckled pancakes. I love the water filled bottles tied to a rock in the river to keep it cool. So when we were asked to go camping this weekend, our answer was a YES! It may have even been a HECK yes but I am not going to admit anything.

We went to San Antonio. Centerpoint to be exact. We spent the past few days here. Did you click it? Did you see how we had to sleep under the stars? :) Well, we could have. There was a hammock. But this type of camping was perfect actually because of the toddler. And toddlers in tents are fine but not when there are tired adults who want to sleep.

We wasted our days away swimming, floating on the river, reading, fishing, and I would be a sad excuse for a journal keeper if I did not mention (I AM NOT GOING INTO DETAILS) our rope swing competition and the apparent sudden arrival of a full moon... you get the picture I am sure. It was one of the most funniest things I have encountered in my life. Ever.

Ok, I'll give in. I was never good at peer pressure.

My sister and her hubbs had challenged yours truly and my study hubbs to a rope swing-off. Never heard of one? Basically it's when you have to out do what the previous couple did. Think of PIG in basketball. Just omit the hoop and ball and add in water and rope.

One trick completed. Two trick completed. Three. Now, we need to do something really cool. "Ok, you climb up on my shoulders" said the hubbs. "OK" "this is going to be pretty cool" i thought to myself. Camera ready, water clear... GOOO!!!!

I am not sure when exactly it happened but I felt the hubbs let go of the rope. I was on his shoulders and was hanging on to the rope higher up. I thought "shoot! I need to let go too! " But by then i was headed back and was scared of hitting this submerged rock now one could quite find (until they hit it of course). And then there was the trees and the branches and the platform coming in quickly. So I held on. I saw my bro-in-law ready to catch me so, after stifling a little laugh that I managed to stay dry and the hubbs did not, i felt hands grab me.

UH OH.

The hands slipped.

No wait, they caught me! Whew!

uhm... pretty sure that was my swimsuit bottoms. And I am pretty sure that they just got ripped off.

I opt to jump in the river now please.




Scroll down for more pictures. There are a lot. I blame the hubbs since I got an awesome camera. :)

7 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

When we come visit you.. We want to go there!!!!!!!!!

mountaingalnc@hotmail.com said...

That sounds like a blast!!!

Tina said...

How fun!!
That rope swing story was so funny! I hope you guys won!!
So... when are you guys coming up to see us? I know you have a busy summer but what about June?

The Parrys said...

FUNNNNN!!! i wanna go! that looks like a blast! sorry about the swimsuit issue... how embarassing!! lol. is that mckay holding jaedyn??? hahaha!! did she like it? wow!! you guys are fun, i wish we lived closer so we could go do stuff like this together!

Kelsi said...

That looks like a blast. I am jealous it is warm enough where you live to do things like that. Here it is still snowing. And I love the swimsuit story.

Shelby Osmond said...

Yes I thought the same thing I am jealous its warm enough to do those kinds of things... Haha cute story. Also Makana you look hot in the canoe picture! haha but seriously your dang cute!

makana said...

haha, yeah shelbs, you like those arms?!:) Its carrying a toddler up and down three flights of stairs with groceries!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)