Sunday, May 23, 2010

What have you discovered about your child?



Or if you do not have a child, what have you discovered about a child in your life? Yesterday, we discovered this: The Toddler has an obsession with The Carousel. Not just any carousal, the one at the Downtown Aquarium.

This means that we get to cross it off our list. (this is our ever growing list of things we want to do in Houston).

I don't want to bore you with details of our day. And by "day", I mean from 10am until 2:30pm. And while I don't want to toot my horn, I am going to on this one aspect. We got to do it all for $16. UNLIMITED EVERYTHING! TOOT TO-OOT TOOT!! It's nice to know I still got it. Even if the wallet was empty.


And that is how I know that she has this obsession. We went on the aforementioned ride a dozen times. We took turns as the parents since going around and around can take its toll on 20-somethings. The ride would stop and as we started to exit, she would run to another one. Over. And over. And over. Being first time parents we of course loved this little obsession from our own little obsession. And I got to thinking to myself and asked "self, what do other child obsess over?" "What do we have to look forward to?"

When I was a youngin' on the farm (true fact), I had a really bad love/obessesion. What was it you ask? Rainbow Bright. And two "imaginary friends" but that is a topic for later. I had a Rainbow Bright party once. It lives on as one of the best days ever lived by yours truly. The hubbs was not immune to this. (wait, that makes it sound like he had it in for RB as well.)  His childhood downfall was TMNT. Otherwise known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Ask him about it sometime.

The rest of this is just pictures. Pictures that say so much more to me and the hubbs than it will to you I am sure. But I think it is supposed to be that way sometimes. Taking a picture does capture a thousand words. But being married or giving birth to the one in the picture, well, the picture then speaks a trazillion words. (yes, trazillion is a word. At least for me. And its my blog.)


5 comments:

Niki Carter said...

Very cute. Looks like you are enjoying her:) She is at a fun age. It only gets better. And to answer your question, Audrey - horses, Rachel - chocolate milk, Adam-Sharks, and Claire . . . her Uncle Garrett!

Tina said...

Wow! She is getting so big. Those pigtails are the cutest! Cloey almost didn't recognize her picture the other day. "Oh, that is what she looks like now?" Was her response. We need to get together!!
Cloey is into singing, Jacob loves trains, airplanes and cars and John, oh he loves music and watching his older sister and brother and chasing after them. Just wait until she can talk. You will learn so much more about her. It is the best.

marcia said...

wow what a fun day. what we do for our kids. It's just so fun to see their excitement over things as simple as a carousel. Loved the aquarium pics as well.

Kelsi said...

How fun! How nice of you to let her go over and over again. She must have loved that.

Sapp Family said...

That's so sweet of you guys to let her keep going on the carousel! I would have stopped her after the second round...just watching the carousel makes me dizzy. I wish we lived closer together so that our girls could have play dates...I feel like I could learn so much from you! By the way, the pictures are so cute and your little girl is growing so beautifully!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)