Thursday, May 13, 2010

I thank you, my Father in Heaven

Recently I read this blog post. That was after watching this:



And suddenly my beautiful life was overflowing with blessings and it seemed that every breath I took, each moment I am able to spend with the toddler on my lap, every day that the Hubbs goes to a from work, has become a blessing from my Father in Heaven. And I give my great thanks to Him.

I am sure I am not the only one that sometimes needs reminders of how loved and cherished we are. I think about how we live in a time that has been foretold by Prophets. How we live in a time of great advances in medicine and in technology... the technology that lets me listen to a concert thousands miles away or even post these thoughts. It is a time of unsurpassed freedom and wealth (yes folks, even in a recession) and information. And for that I feel blessed. And once again I thank you Father.

I have been out of state for a wedding these past few days. It has been just me and the toddler for the past few days. What that translates into is that each night she ends up in bed with me rather than in her bed. And there was a time when it was hard since sleeping with a toddler, or my toddler to be exact means lots of feet adn hands in the face and ultimately she is laying on top of me. So I don't sleep. And after reading the post and watching Stephanie Nielsons video, i lay there with tears in my eyes for how fortunate I am to have a healthy baby girl and that I have not had many hard trials in my life thus far.

I realize that as I say that I know that it can all change in a single second. I could lose everything that matters to me. But I also know that if I did, my Father in Heaven would be there to support me and to continue to pour out His love and blessings upon me. And I thank you in advance my Father in Heaven.

if the video it not playing for you go here or http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?autoplay=true&index=1&locale=0&sourceId=5f9653e760468210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD

2 comments:

Karie said...

lovely post. Thanks for the inspiring reminder of what is important. :o)

marcia said...

i loved that video and had lex and parks watch it last night. very inspiring.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)