Sunday, November 15, 2009

BYUH Alumni Lu'au. The chosen ones.

What a beautiful looking group I do have to say so myself. All those people with beautiful tan skin and such talent for dancing.... and yes, I am one of them. Was it ever a doubt? I mean, really!? (reference to SNL "REALLY" episode with Amy Pohller if anyone gets it)

I think that the title says it all. But, I will explain what you are looking at. These are people. And not just any people, but truly amazing people. The chosen people in case you in doubt of who they are. The lucky few who have been able to attend the north shore campus of BYU which is harder to get into than Harvard. (Hmm, I wonder what that says about me since I got in. I think I am getting a big head now. I am going to be sure to run that little fact in to my extra smart, extra-handsome chemical engineer hubby)

What Hawaiian lu'au would it be without dancing? This was the last dance.... :(
Another "REALLY" moment. Jaedyn saw the beautiful dancers and just walked right up and started to dance along. (notice the little hula girl emblem on her shirt?)

Thank you to Allison for such a wonderful evening of food and dancing and remembering. Suddenly I am wondering what the heck I am doing in Texas and why I am not in HI. (Even the abbreviation for the state is friendly!)


4 comments:

Tina said...

I sooo caught onto the "Really" quote. I love that!
I'm gonna have to see some dancing when I come down. Performance time!! BTW: We need to discuss our plans. Call me!!

Unknown said...

I too dream of the spring semester I was able to spend there. Of course the PCC wouldn't take me as a dancer (not that I tried) skin too white, zero hip talent, etc. so I settled for a waitress. But I loved every second of it!!

Good luck w/ your sewing. That looks like lots of fun!

JDizzle said...

I agree, why are you in Texas? You should travel to Kentucky it's really similar to Hawaii.

JDizzle said...

I agree, why are you in Texas? You should travel to Kentucky it's really similar to Hawaii.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)