Monday, November 23, 2009

Hmmm... where to begin. How about with anger

Christmas gifts-done
Christmas cards to mail-done
House cleaned-done
Baby napping-done
Email checked done
Letters to missionaries-done
Closets organized-done
Food Storage organized-done
Shower and dressed before 4pm-done

Why yes, I am pretty productive today if I say so myself. And what else have we been up to you ask. Well... Last night we read a talk about anger called School thy Feelings, Brother by our Prophet Thomas S. Monson given in Oct. He talks about how anger is NEVER justified and shares some stories to make it clear why it is a negative feeling. Pres. Monson quotes this interchange:

“Did that man intend to insult you?”

President Grant replied, “No. He told my friends he had rewarded me handsomely.”

To this the older friend replied, “A man’s a fool who takes an insult that isn’t intended

This created a springboard for a lot of discussion about anger and taking offense. I realized that even if someone intends to give offense, I have two options. 1) to be upset 2)Address it and move on. I tend to dwell on things, whether it is positive or negative. And as we continued to read, I came to an understanding as to where I can improve. And so, as 2010 approaches, those thoughts have been recorded and are part of my new resolution.

No comments:

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)