Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lovely little limes. I mean jack-o-laterns. I mean, I really am blessed






I really enjoy our ward family. A ward is another name for a congregation. And moving onto this one has been really a choice. For those in our ward, well... it is no doubt that you will agree. And for those of you not.... I am deeply sorry. :)

Let me elaborate. I believe that every day there is something to do. Meaning: there are numerous groups to be a part of such as: Recipe exchange, book club, lunch bunch, play group, walking and yes, even gun group. (we do live in Texas you know). I am surrounded by extremely talented women and amazing families who have endured so much and are stellar examples to me.

One of my very most favorite activities, however, happen on Monday nights. Twice a month to be exact. And in the spirit of record keeping, I will even post a few snapshots. You see, on Monday nights we have FHE. Also called Family Home Evening or Family night. It is a night set aside each and every week to be with FAMILY.We play games, eat treats and learn about faith or service or prayer or gratitude. And twice a month we join two other familes. Oh how I love these familes. And so, I say thank you for being in our Family Home Evening group.

4 comments:

makana said...

I should say that the first couple are the Newtons and the second couple with the little boy are the Thayns. Thanks guys!

Tina said...

Oh Makana, how wonderful to have such close friends like this that come over and you can share traditions and wonderful activities with. You truly are blessed.

And, I loved the video of Jaedyn. She sure is growing up.

Angela said...

Those pumpkins were so cool. Very professional looking!

marcia said...

Wow you are so lucky to have such a great ward. I'm glad you wrote down some of the activities you do. I know you told me them before but I didn't write them down like I should have. I hope to get some of these going in my ward altho I have no influence right now.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)