Monday, November 23, 2009

Craft central

A few weeks back, I appeared in the Houston Chronicle Newspaper regarding food storage etc. How weird to see your face splashed across the pages of print). Since that time however, I have been really awful at emailing and returning calls (let alone even answering the phone). Why? It actually has nothing to do with food storage. I have been crafting like crazy. Wanna see? What is not pictured are the calendars and photo books that have finally been done. Whew!


This was/is/ an oak amour. I painted it and added some girlie things and.. waahola! There are pink sparkles on the knobs (can't you see them sparkle). Inside its is an art station. I cut our cork board and borrowed some chalkboard spray paint and installed a metal panel to double as a white boaord and magnent board. So far, the little ones loves the taste of the pink chalk and the wooden magnents. It was a fun weekend projectThe EASIEST headbands ever. (I shouldn't say they were easy) The HARDEST headbands EVER! These took me so long to make. Thank you to my beautiful niece for modeling them. Doesn't she have lovely hair?

Notice the leg warmers and red toenails...
And these ones as well.
They started out as cute knee high socks... now, they are her essentials to every outfit. I am going to bring back the 80's. Well, at least the leg warmers. Btw, these took a whole 10 minutes to make. Grrr!!! I mean, "these took HOURS to make!"

Not pictured: Holiday banners and birthday calendar and lots of cards

1 comment:

Tina said...

Look at you go girl! You never stop! What an inspiration you are and I can't WAIT to see that dresser and the socks and headband in just two short days!! Wahoo!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)