Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My pants stink


It's almost 2pm. My baby is still sleeping which makes me happy since she has needed a good long nap, and I finally changed my pants.

At 10:30am I decided I should get out of bed. I, still in my $2 Old Navy pink Halloween pajamas, took down our Christmas decorations. My house feels a lot less cheerful. I did leave up the snowflakes to dangle from the celling. They make me smile when I walk under them.

I surfed the Internet, fell in love with our family pictures (see one below), and chatted with my aunt, sister, and sisnlaw who is expecting.
That's when I decided I should change. I am going out to grab a .99 sandwich and I should do it in normal clothes... not pink pj's and not ones that have skulls all over them. (there are hearts too). So I pick up my jeans off the closet floor and am ready to go when this scent assails me. What is that?! Hmm... maybe I just need perfume. Hmm... maybe I need to spray the closet. What is that?! Oh yes, I remember, those jeans are really dirty. When is the last time I washed them anyhow. Gross. That was gross. Dirty laundry really stinks.

And now my baby is finally awake and I have on clean clothes and my sweet and thoughtful friend Niki sent me this post. (i think everyone should read it) After reading it I am less grossed out about my dirty jeans and less sad about my not-so-cheerful-house and totally ok with sleeping in until 10:30a. I better go brush my teeth now. It is 2p y'know

5 comments:

McKay said...

Those weren't the same pants that Jaedyn puked on are they?!!

MyPremierDesigns said...

Good times!!! I LOVE the family pictures of you guys!!! they turned out STUNNING!!!

marcia said...

It was fun looking at your blog pages and reading about your fun times but not so fun with Jaedyn being sick. Thats too bad that she was sick the entire vacation. Your new years looked fun. Sounds like 2010 will be a great year for you. I need to set my goals for the new year i'm slow this year.sure love you guys!

Bemily said...

Your family is gorgeous! - Seriously need to fill me in on all the fashion updates too. :)

Tina said...

Love the fam pictures!!!
Good luck with all of your goals and your perfect mornings. It sounds like a great goal!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)