Thursday, January 7, 2010

Perfect Morning


I was looking at these pictures from Time. I was also reading in Alma 1 and it stuck me that it is so important to have something you are rooted in. Something that really matters. There is much to be fearful about and yet there is so much good to be had and even more to be given out to those in need. But I need to start with me.

My new years resolution for this year is to have a perfect morning. Don't roll your eyes and please stop laughing. It is a perfect morning schedule. What does that mean? It is really simple actually.

When I was serving a mission for my church , (I am LDS or "Mormon"). We had what we called a perfect morning schedule. I served for 18 months is Nebraska, part of which was spent at Winter Quarters.

Every morning, for 18 months I would wake up at 6:30a and exercise, get ready for the day, pray, study the scriptures, and be out the door by 10a. I was always very tired due to our rigorous day and by 10:30p I was asleep, after writing in my journal. And I was complete and felt accomplished.

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE LOVE my life. But I am not prideful enough to see where I can use some improvement. One of the things we taught as missionaries was about goal setting. When people wanted to stop smoking, one thing we would tell them was to tell other people about this goal. It keep you accountable. And so, here I am making myself accountable and welcoming my 2010 goal with open, (and no longer frozen) arms. Wish me luck

2 comments:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

I'm not laughing... sounds like a perfect resolution!

Summer Carlile said...

Oh it is so great thinking about the mission!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)