Monday, July 12, 2010

My needs. Sound familiar?

I am a woman. And as a woman I have certain needs. I have been reading a really marvelous book called "The proper care and feeding of husbands." After I finished the pages that are not even real numbers (XXIII etc...) I asked the hubbs to read as far as I went as well. And he did. And he agreed with every word. I HIGHLY recommend it. I think it will change your life just as Leadership and Self-deception will. Or has. Depending on if you have read it yet obviously. But, I am not here to talk about that. I am here because I have needs.

Recently two of my girlfriends, Mommy-to-be-T and The Scottish couple, decided that rather than cook everyday for a whole two people and a toddler in my case, we should split the work. Living in close proximity helps this dream become a reality. Just think of date night trades. Its like that. But with food. And it is heaven-sent.

I was enjoying the time of not having to cook and just enjoy sitting. I am sure you understand that this is a rarity. In fact, I would go so far as classifying "mommy-sitting-down-with-no-one-climbing-on-her-or-nothing-to-do" as endangered species. Sometimes I realize the only time I sat down was to relieve myself. But even then I tend to not be able to do that distraction free. What that TMI?

yes, I did just. Go figure.

It was in this rare moment of watching my all time favorite program of Food Network. And don't you dare think less of me. I was watching this and he showed me this.
And then I just knew that I had a need. It was this.
A cooking torch. 
I sort of love camping. But my reasons all have to do with food and nothing to do with nature. Once again, I have needs. One of then does not include sleeping on the dirt and peeing over a hole. 

But it does include tin foil dinners and now, smore cupcakes. Oh please bless you my friend with long life for sending me this beautiful item... I'll name a child after you. Well, maybe not. How about my next plant?

***note: i do not own one. But if you want a plant named after you, i'll send you my address.

Then I did the unthinkable. 
I. 
Kept.
Watching. 

And I realized I need to go to Utah. To Salt Lake. To The Sweet Candy Company. To eat some taffy. Yumm. Until then, I will just have to make my way to Austin. For these. Lots and lots of these tasty treats found at the Holy Cacao.  Road trip anyone?

8 comments:

Kelsi said...

Ha it is never too much TMI with you Makana. And I was considering of having you naming a plant affter me, but I'd rather have a fish named after me.

Tina said...

We just drove through Austin. Why didn't you tag along and introduce us to these tasty treats?
Taffy... love it. The mall here sells salt water taffy and we indulge every so often.
I hope you get your cookie torch and if our house doesn't sell then we will definitely have to meet half way and go camping together. Deal?

Matt and Angelica said...

Mommy-to-be and Scottish couple. Hahaha. And I want to read the book!!

MyPremierDesigns said...

YES YES YES LoVe the proper care and feeding of husbands, I also have the proper care and feeding of marriages, really really good it opens your eyes to a lot of things in marriage. Good simple things women can do and husbands to improve their relationship!

Karie said...

I loved the concept of the Leadership and Self Desception. I felt it could be applied to any relationship. Were you in our book club when we read it? I can't remember. It spawned some of the most hillarious dialog!!!

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

I watched that show too... and the S'more cupcake was one of my greatest dreams, too. So simple, but without the torch, so unatainable.

marcia said...

I'm with you in not sleeping on the dirt. Thats why I loved living so close to the mountains we could come home at night.

Unknown said...

love this! and yes, that would definitely be an endangered species. cami always supervises me while i go to the bathroom lol.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)