Sunday, July 4, 2010

Racetrack: You know that hot tip I told you about?

 Jack Kelly: Yeah.  
Racetrack: Nobody told the horse. 
Nothing is as timeless as "Newsies" Well, except for maybe the Fourth of July. 
I love the Fourth of July. It is actually my favorite holiday. Maybe it's the patriotism. Or the lovely red white and blue everything. Maybe it is the BBQ's and the swimming. Maybe the fireworks. I am not sure. I just know that I love this holiday. The past two years we have gone to race tracks with the Knudson's. (I know what you are thinking. But believe me, it is not trashy. It was really fun.) This will be the last time as they are bidding us farewell and moving. And this leaves just one unanswered question: Who will be the toddlers new candy dealer?



We spent the day adapting to the rain due to Tropical Storm Alex. We met up with our lovely friends at the track and enjoyed day making faces, feeding horses, playing Phase 10 and getting DRENCHED at Chick Fil A for an EXTREMAL Spicy Sandwich.   
Did you look closely at the Hubbs shirt? Can you see what is written there? :)
And here is a video our friend Mommy-to-be-T hubbs captured for us.
NOTE: No animals were hurt in the making of this post

5 comments:

makana said...

I should mention that the toddler took a little girls flip flops and threw them in the trash. Thanks to tina for spotting her in the act. And thanks to the little girls dad who was LAUGHING at me as I dug through the trash for his daughters shoes. We all had a good laugh after

Bird is the Word said...

I LOVE the 4th of July too! Glad you were able to enjoy it as well!

Kelsi said...

Hey the fourth is my favorite holiday too! That's hilarious jaedyn threw someone's shoes in the trash. And I loved her dance at the end. Did she get those mad moves from you?

Tina said...

Oh, I love the candy dealer part. It made me laugh right out loud!!! It was fun despite the rain. Really, Cloey just loved being with you guys and watching the fireworks. Thanks!! That picture of you guys in front of the horses racing behind you turned out wonderfully!!!!
Too bad we won't be doing it next year too!

marcia said...

I'm so glad you could get together again with the Knudsens before they left. Love the pics, dance and blog. I liked the part best of throwing the scandals away when you told me you just walked away when the guy asked how they got in the trash.

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)