Friday, July 2, 2010

The Colors, The Music, The WICKEDNESS


It was 8:00pm on July 1, 2010. By 10:30p I knew it was love. But for who? GALinda (with a GA), Elphaba "Elphie",  Nessie Rose, the Hobby Center?


Now I mentioned that the Hubbs had a great date night planned and boy of boy did he come through. My friend B and G watched the toddler and Mommy-to-be-T brought in delish dinner. I was dressed to the nines for the second weekend in a row and hubbs downed his blue button up which on any day normally makes me swoon to begin with. Add some "Very Sexy" and I am putty in his hands. 


So off he whisked this red clad momma to the Hobby Center for an evening of Wickedness. And I enjoyed it.  Every. Single. Note. But as all things must they curtain closed and the applause rang out and I thought about how easy life would be if I were like GALinda Glinda. I could tell people what they want to hear, give people something to believe in. Then I thought about Elphaba. "Elphie" Her courage and passion and if I were like her I could accomplish anything. And then I realized that these two woman were very different similar different. These two women both suffered heartache. Loss. Dreams destroyed. Dreams realized. In appearance they share nothing on common besides having the correct amount of appendages. Yet in heart and mind they share the same values and even loved the same man. One great lesson I can take from this experience is that truly there are always two sides to each stories. People do crazy things for love and for friends. And each action for good or for evil can change lives. That was more than one lesson. Oh well. 





Some of our favorite quotes:
Let the green girl GO!



You mean this whole time... the two of you, behind my back?
No, no Glinda, it wasn't like that.
Actually it was, but it wasn't


I wanted something to remember her by and all that were left were those shoes! And now that wretched little farm girl has walked off with them


We can't all come and go by bubble!


I can't harbor a fugitive! I am an un-elected official!


7 comments:

makana said...

we saw the Nicolaus family there! We just love them.

Stephanie said...

Love, Love, Love Wicked. Glad you got to go!

Tina said...

Oh man!! So not fair!! I've been wanting to see Wicked forever but can never afford tickets!
I'm glad you had such a great time! You looked beautiful as always!!!

Kelsi said...

Wow how fun that must have been! You guys both were stlyin' and you look gorgeous in red makana.

Bird is the Word said...

One of my best friends from High School was the Leading Lady Elphaba in the San Francisco WICKED production... I missed it, and I STILL kick myself about it! I NEED to see this!!ASAP!!

sarah tangataevaha said...

I saw wicked last month. I loved it!

marcia said...

What a beautiful, handsome couple!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)