Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This says it all



Many people have commented to me something along the lines of:
"Wow, she's a firecracker"
"She must keep you busy"
"No wonder you are so skinny!" (really, that's all you can say?)
or even my special favorites:
"None of my kids would ever do that"
"Doesn't she ever stop"
"I bet she never sleeps"

When I hear these statements I think to myself "........." Actually, I am not going to tell you what I think. I am sure you can imagine. i just take a breath and give thanks to God for this girl of mine and her daddy who takes over when I need a break, or even when I don't.

As we gear up for the big SuperWHY Birthday Party in just a month, I am loving even more her activity. She dances, she sings, she climbs and UNlike her mommy, she has no sense of fear. Hmmm, maybe that is the wrong statement. She does know her limits. She is very (read: for a toddler) obedient. And boy can this toddler sleep! But she is my lover of life. And when she wants to try something crazy (like cliff jumping for beginners at Club Larsen) and I don't want her to, I just remember that Life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying. And no, I did not make that up on my own. (but it is not because I am not clever. I am very clever in fact)

6 comments:

makana said...

The life jacket is called Puddlejumper and it is amazing and wonderful and I owe the inventor my first child.. literally! If you don't have one, get one. Don't have a child, get one just so you can use a puddlejumper.

Tina said...

She's so cute Makana!! Cloey absolutely adores her! Wish we could see her more often!

Kelsi said...

I love that picture! Wish I could see her more often. Than I could take her off your hands and we'd do crazy stuff together.

Alese said...

Your little girl is so cute!! How old is she now? Just for the record, I LOVE reading your blog...you make me laugh sometimes!

Bird is the Word said...

I get those SAME things all the time, and I answer " I am SO blessed aren't I"... I love my little firecracker! ~:)

Unknown said...

my grandma bought cami a puddle jumper for her birthday.. through a messup with teh company it hasnt even been shipped yet but I WANT MINE!! SOOO BAD!! my cousin recommended it for us. awesome!! and yeah.. about peoples comments. i feel ya. sometimes i just wanna punch people.. but i havent yet.. or have i? i love my little daredevil! :) her and jaedyn would have a blast together im sure!... or just get into trouble together lol

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)