Sunday, July 11, 2010

Typical Journal Entry

diary. A journal. A blog. Really there is no difference. And so this post is dedicated to posterity once again. Posterity and far away family. If you are not either, there is no point in wasting your time. That is, of course, you are here because I DEACTIVATED MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!

That's right. I did it. I took the leap. (Actually, it took me three times but whose counting). Will you?

So without further hesitation (because he who hesitates is lost" **note: only those who know about the Baudelaire's will get that literary reference)


Dear Diary/Journal/Blog, 
This week has been jam-packed and wonderful and actually, this whole month has been. It is hard to think that I once lamented that Summer would take so long to go by. But it has. 24 hours at a time. And now it is already the MIDDLE of JULY! Yikes! What have we done this summer?


Racetracks, Sleepover, Dress up, Watermelon Party, Dress like a Cow, Swim. A LOT., Play 18 holes of golf, visit with family, cook, bake, sew, color on walls, Wicked, basketball, volleyball, ride 4-wheelers, start a new job, read, watch movies, buy a new car, swim. A LOT. Scooter rides, beach time, world cup parties, BBQ's, drive-in movies, Super WHY, bed time tantrums, new editions, and the park. Enjoy


I know that was a lot. But now here are just two movies that are sure to impress. Can you get what the first one is? It involves USA and Ghana
now this one is more of what happens you combine a tired toddler with a show she loves to watch around bedtime. Don't judge me. I'm new at this mom thing. 




9 comments:

Matt and Angelica said...

Oh poor little Jaed!

Love the cow costumes. I wish I could have been with you as well as flying to Scotland at the same time!!

What a fun summer!!

makana said...

Okay, so we might have set that up intentionally knowing full well that we would get that reaction. But hey, how else would you get to see the "heart-wrenching" pleading she gave us just seconds earlier.

Tina said...

Wow!! It sounds like you've done some pretty awesome things this summer. You haven't wasted any time getting things done!!
So... new car huh? Tell me what you guys got!!!
I hope the next 6 weeks of summer are just as fun!!
(p.s. Cloey came up to me while I was watching the video and she said, "Who's that?"... "Oh, I know... it's Jaedyn's family!!!"
I thought that was so funny!)

Unknown said...

hahaha!! omg i have to admit that i saw ALL cami when i watched that video. from facial expressions, to reaching for the other parent.. so funny! dont you love this age? i do, i really do. but i DONT love the tantroms.. although sometimes it provides a much needed laugh! so cute! thanks for sharing. lvoe the pictures, oh... and cami LOVES super why :). gotta love that song! lol

kiana said...

i love the jeans you're wearing in the last video ;)

marcia said...

I got a good laugh at Jaedyn not wanting to go to bed.She'll laugh at that alot when she grows up. All your activities sound so fun. You guys are such great parents.

Bird is the Word said...

FUN!! GOod for you for deleting FB... one day... LOVE the soccer reaction... I was on the floor CRYING for all the goals! Did I tell you my son Landon was named after Landon Donovan... :)

Karie said...

So here I am it's almost midnight and I'm catching up on your blog, which by the way, is very enjoyable. :o) The video cracked me up, because it reminded me of the EXACT opposite with my kids recently. On our 17 hour drive home they became so goofy, loud and wild that we could have threatened to strap them to the roof and all it did was make them laugh more. UGh! hence, no matter what you guys did she was just so tired! Cute!

Angela said...

You always have the best pictures!! So cute!
Congrats on the facebook thing!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)