Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Apparently Anger is not a good thing

"The inspiring influence of the Holy Spirit can be overcome or masked by strong emotions, such as anger, hate, passion, fear, or pride. When such influences are present, it is like trying to savor the delicate flavor of a grape while eating a jalapeño pepper. Both flavors are present, but one completely overpowers the other. In like manner, strong emotions overcome the delicate promptings of the Holy Spirit."
Richard G. Scott, "To Acquire Spiritual Guidance," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 8


This is what was in my inbox this morning from Daily Gems. And so I will try to have a good day today and if I am not, then I will at least be happy and not get upset. Anyone else think that God works in mysterious ways?


1 comment:

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)