Thursday, February 25, 2010

If you were a toddler...???

Childhood happens just one time. Thats it. Only one chance to play in the dirt, jump off dangerously high places, and eat things off the ground. Its probably the only time when picking your nose is "age-appropriate", no one care if you fart, (and when it REEKS!), and those daily tantrums where kicking and screaming is sure to happen doesn't much turn a head.  There are many positives to being a toddler. So I made a list. Which, is sure to be incomplete so please add your own. 
.....................................................................
1. Waited on hand and foot
2. Falling asleep in the car and being carried in
3. Getting to sleep through church and it being cute... not rude
4. Taking off clothes and putting them on again, but this time the pants go on the head
5. Special packages from people far away filled with goodies "just-because" (Ok, so when as an adult did you get one of these sweet mail treats? After my mission it was non-existent)
..................................................................................

To go along with #2, it really must be nice to just fall asleep anywhere. Just take a peek at this:

I had come in and after a panic search around the house and wondering if she could unlock the front door, found her in the drawer,  second from the top. I have NO idea how she got there or how she deduced that it would be a nice and cozy place to sleep. And I wish I could have dresser big enough to try. All those clothes to keep you warm and cozy. I will admit that this was taken with my camera phone since she was sleeping on the camera as well. (why it was in her drawer is beyond me)
Yes folks, she is sleeping. And if you know our toddler, you know that she NEVER STOPS. Seriously. Its 100 MPH ALL. DAY. LONG. For example: She was playing at her aunties and went straight for the toys (another things only toddler can really get away with. Can you imagine visiting a friend and running to the ATV?) She dumped them out and, from what I am told, laid down and within a minute was alseep. 
......................................................
So tell me, what would be the best things about being a toddler for you


7 comments:

McKay said...

Diapers and having someone else wipe me clean!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness!!! These pictures are to die for. That one in the drawer was so so funny! I've never had any of my kids do that unless they are sick.
I wish I could be pushed in a stroller so I don't have to walk all the time and be taken to the park and to not have to worry about money!!!

Hey, did you see that I'm a follower now? I figured it out on Ty's computer.

meg said...

I love the way everything is new and exciting for a toddler. Life must be pretty exciting - no rules, limitless curiosity, new experiences everywhere you look - sounds pretty good to me!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Wow, she can seriously sleep anywhere! I can't believe she figured out how to get into that drawer. And that it would be a good place to sleep is even better. What a funny girl!

MyPremierDesigns said...

not much difference between a 80 year old and a toddler expect that they are more opionated..hehe those pictures are soooooo cute!!! how funny!!!!!

Chanelle said...

No make-up! That may not be the best thing but it's definitely a plus to being a toddler. AND...no responsibility.

marcia said...

yes i have the funniest and cutest grandaughter ever!!!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)