Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh to be 5 again

If I could pick any age to be, I think I may choose 5. My niece is 5 and she can do and say just about anything and it is still cute.

My sister had her golden birthday yesterday. Her hubby celebrated by having a surprise dinner at this great El Salvador-ian place. There was Papusa's, Horchata, other things I can't spell or pronounce including Iguana.

So this is the place. Thanks Brother Brigham for the token phrase

and my sis Tia. Happy Birthday! Love the jacket
Anna-Lisa and her sundae, me and my ice cream.. more on that in a moment, and Tia and her treat. Whoa, for a second I couldn't tell where her hand and my hand was. 
And my ice cream. And the reason I would like to be 5 again. What is it you ask... well. It is a two scoop ice cream cone in a cup. Flavors? PINK bubble gum and Icing Birthday Party Cake something-or-other

The conversation went something like this with the teen ice cream scooper guy

Me: So many choices! Can I taste that one? Oh, and that one too please
BR Guy: Yep. Here you go
Me: Yuck. That's gross. And that's not bad. I'll take those two please (point to the two I did not yet try)
BR Guy: These two?
Me: Yes Please. And feel free to put extra in if you'd like. I get the buy one scoop get the second for .99 right? 
BR Guy: {adds in extra a swear it!} Yep
Me: Oh good. Because it's my sisters birthday today. {point to sister} and my no sweets diet starts tomorrow {it seems to always start tomorrow}
BR Guy: Happy Birthday
Tia: Thanks
BR Guy: Ok Ma'am (that means I am old} Here you go. 
Me: Can I get a come in top too please 
BR Guy: {this lady is like a 5 year old} [that's my input. not his]
Me: Oh! This is just a slice of heaven. I guess I meant to say a scoop. Can you take our picture please?

Happy Birthday Sis! And be sure to buckle your bass.

No comments:

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)