Monday, February 8, 2010

New years goal: No more shopping

Gasp! What did she say? Am I reading this right? Is she nuts?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes to it all. I made a few New Years Resolutions. Here they are
1. Perfect Morning Schedule
2. $40/week on food { includes eating out and keeping up my food storage }
3. Go on a cruise
4. Make my own clothes
5. Budget the books on time {at the end of every month }

Yes, there it is. Big. Beautiful. #4. How am I doing you ask? Well, pretty good I would say. I have been banned by the hubbs from buying any more books. { I actually agree with him. Its my weakness. I can't help myself. More on that to come later }.

Scrapbooking comes in phases { as my drawers of stickers and embellishments can attest }
and since I am a SAHM of one little terror/delight daughter, I needed something more. I needed to satisfy my creative need. This is something that God has blessed me with. Not that I am creative, I am more of a good copy cat. Just click on any of the links on the side bar. Now those ladies are TALENTED!

Being the follower/blog stalker/copy cat that I am, here is what I have come up with so far. I decided that if I got a sewing machine, I would sew. My mom is an AMAZING seamstress. She would make our halloween costumes, our prom dresses, and pretty much anything that we wanted. She leaves me breathless with her talent. While I classify myself as less-than-a-beginner, I have to admit I have had a really fun time with this goal. ....Blah blah blah blah.... I know you just want to see pictures.

Jaedyn New Socks
Her tights had a hole in the bum. So after a tutorial from Ruffles&Stuff, I tried it too. I cut off the sock part, added elastic from the waistband, used the extra material for the ruffles and added a pink bow on the back.  



Flower hair pin/embellishment 
Cost: $0 (the material was from a scrap sample and the pin and beads I had laying around
I used a clip and that was I can clip it in my hair or on some clothes


heart tee with her own tutu... off the shoulder is unintential. This was an old play onesie. Full of stains. I added the heart to cover it all up and made a tutu to match. total cost: $1. Time: 30min


Heart tee, ruffled bow.


You can see a little ribbon on her shoulder. I attached a ribbon on both sides and tied a big bow in the back. Total cost: $4 shirt + left over scraps from material given to me
time involved: 40m. Mostly spent cutting the hearts and making the bow

In the making
-Dress for mommy
-another dress for mommy
-re-vamped sweater
-dress for Jaed
-no sew purse, travel case, makeup bag
-everything you see on the side :)

1 comment:

Sapp Family said...

Makana! I wish we lived closer together so that I can do all these fun crafts with you!!! I seriously LOVE all of your ideas on here. I went to that website from your last post...howdoesshe.com and did something from there! I'm so proud of myself for making my hubby a Valentine's surprise. In case you're wondering, I did the 2x4 Bee My Valentine one. He loved it! Anyway, I'll have to post pictures of that sometime this week. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions on here!!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)