Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What would you do with $10,000

I have been perusing the internet this morning. Why? Well... its 7:53am. I have woken up, did my perfect morning schedule, and the little one is still sleeping. So I indulged. Can you really blame me? And I thought to myself "Self, if you had $10,000 to spend, what would you buy?" Obviously we would put it in investments and be responsible, and take a trip and blah blah blah blah. As stated, I wanted to indulge. Just a little eye candy if you catch my drift. Here are only a few. No travel allowed. No saving allowed.
A BYU toliet that plays the fight song when flushed. Here. Pretty sure its overpriced at $50

Now, forget the perfect lips and the darling sweater and just focus for a minute in the $12 organza flower necklace that double as a belt, bracelet & headband. Found at Downeast Outfitter and is currently out of stock. Or how about this book. Fablehaven Book 5. Keys to the Demon Prison Oh how my heart pitter-patters at the thought of staying up all night and turning its pages over and over again. Yes, me and all the other 6th graders in the world. 
and finally... I REALLY want to see this movie. I know, it not going to be like the book. I already saw that Annabeth is not even blonde! But, I love the books and love Greek myths and I love the name Jackson and I love that it is all because a Dad who cared about his son's education. And Mr. Riodan is from TX.  

Oh... I almost forgot wouldn't these...
Just $4.99 from Downeast

go great with this little lovely shirt from Union 28:
Don't you worry, I am not going to leave out our real bread winner. 
Here you go honey, A Sector 9 Long board. Now we BOTH can go long boarding together

I am adding up the total and my head and realizing I have a LONG ways to go...Maybe I will add getting our year supply of food and lots of Shelf-Reliance to hold them. I'm not sure, but the baby is up so what would you do with $10, 000 I wonder? PS- You must indulge... so wimpy answers of saving or traveling... or a car. 


6 comments:

Tina said...

I don't know how to indulge. I've never really done it but I would like some furniture to go with my cute house and oh yes, a faster camera would be marvelous, though it has to be small to fit in my pocket. An up to date computer would be great and last I would update my wardrobe to like the 2000 era. I need to look more hip instead of a t-shirt mom all the time.
We are in desperate need of another car so I have to put that wimpy answer in there, sorry!!
Ahhh! Dream land sure is fun, reality here I come...

Anna-Lisa said...

When does Book 5 of Fablehaven come out? I would pick that too. Also a built-in pool and covered patio, though I'd need another 0 to add to the end of the $10,00.If that won't count, then I'd put in all wood floors downstairs and get a new couch for upstairs. Is that better?

Kristin said...

Makana!
Oh my gosh. I ran across your shabby apple post on the love actually blog. How have you been? Your little family is so cute. Check out my blog at clarkandkristindray.blogspot.com
-Kristin

Kelli Nicole said...

Haha, how is traveling NOT indulging?? I would absolutely go to Greece, more specifically Santorini. And fly business class. And stay at fancy hotels. If traveling is off the table, I'd probably buy five specific lenses and another camera body. There wouldn't be anything left after that!

marcia said...

I'm doing just that now with my yard. Since the patio sunk 6 inches and the rocks breaking on the wall we had to do something its just hard for me to spend on myself.

Chanelle said...

Oh, I laugh and smile because you are a dork just like me who reads books like Percy Jackson and Fable Haven. I love it!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)