Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts on the Treadmill: Part II

Sweating. Sweating a lot. My lungs are burning and I contemplate stopping but I just can't. I mean literally can't. I am going full speed on the elliptical and last time I gassed out I somehow managed to get caught awkwardly in between the arm things and the radio/display thing. I have no choice. I have to finish. Just. A. Little. Bit. Farther. There. DONE! My lungs are still burning and boy are my shins going to be protesting anything resembling walking the next 24hours.
..........................................................................................
So I get off and attempt to not look ridiculous as I walk to the water station. I really want to crawl and lap up the water like a cat. But I don't. I still have a shred of dignity left. That wasn't evaporated with my sweat. And as I am trying to slowly drink and not ravishly guzzle, I hear a small voice come to the surface of my thoughts. "Always do the hard thing first" and "If you don't plan your day, someone else will" and "You can be perfect in this." That's right I think. I can be perfect in at least this, in exercising each day. And I can do hard things. That's why I wake up early and make sure it is the third thing I do (#1-go potty. #2 Kiss the hubbs) and I planned on working out. I also planned on running a few races this year. Its a goal. And I am a goal setter. But more importantly, I am a goal keeper. And I am not a quitter.
......................................................................................
And while I meander, feeling as a cow must feel, over to the weights (today is tri's, glutes, and shoulders), I think two more months. I can totally do this. I feel empowered. I feel truly blessed. And I feel love from my God. Strange to feel that. Unexpected. And yet surprisingly needed.
....................................................
And it made me wonder. If God can bring me peace while my body is in agony, I am sure that when I am at peace it may be even more. What do you think?

PS- Bellaire Trolley Run April 10, 2010
Mudd Maxx Race June 19, 2010

5 comments:

Jake and Kari Williams said...

Love it!!! Haha, this is EXACTLY how I feel each and every time I exercise (don't we all!!) I wish a more like you Makana! Great job!! You keep on getting on that elliptical!!! I'm inspired . . . I'm going to lug out the elliptical TONIGHT!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Makana! I loved reading this post because I've began (faithfully) running again and it's taking me this long to finally actually LOVE it! I look forward to running everyday, well, Monday-Friday, though when I can do it just depends on Mark's schedule. But I can feel my body getting stronger, I can run longer and I don't feel like I am gonna kill over like I used to. It is a lot of work, but we know work is good for the body and spirit! Kudos to you on the weights. :D I am NOT there yet. I wanna lose a few more baby weight pounds and then I am gonna push to the weights. I love your blog by the way!!

Kelsi said...

Good job Makana I am quite impressed! It always seems so hard to get the motivation to run. I'm on a kick now where I want to exercise everyday. Maybe I can be awesome like you and actually do it.

marcia said...

you are such a good writer makana. I love reading your posts. I don't like to exercise but I love how I feel afterwards.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/BuyBoniva#6833]buy Boniva online[/url]
[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/BuyCeftin#3702]buy Ceftin online[/url]
[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/BuyCellcept#3664]buy Cellcept online[/url]
[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/BuyCompazine#8560]buy Compazine online[/url]
[url=http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/BuyProchlorperazine#1796]buy Prochlorperazine[/url]

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)