Saturday, June 5, 2010

2010 Sand Castle Competition. Becoming a statistic

Every year thousands of people swarm to East Beach in Galveston, TX. This year, your truly and the fam were one of the thousands. We laughed, we played, andwe ate snacks lightly salted with sand. It was a good day
Can't you tell I have been working out? :) Seriously, my schedule is tough but it is fulfilling. More of that and exciting news to come. I have been trying out my new camera. Obviously I still need help on the aperture blah blah blah settings. But I am getting the hang of it. Sorta. 


The Dr. Seuss stole my heart right out my chest. I sat there in awe, in amazement and wondering what I would have to do to get them to come to a sand castle party that I would love to throw. Just for them and just so I could I have this in my backyard.  Of course I was over-zealous with the camera and took many-a-picture. But this will suffice. Just mark your calendars for next year. And you too can become a statistic. 

7 comments:

makana said...

we decided after our trip that we are going to go to the beach once a month, since it it pretty close to us

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks fabulous!
You should have said that your family did the Dr. Seuss sandcastle. I would have believed it!! (smile)
You do look like you've been working out. You always look so darling, even at the beach!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

you totally are!!!! hahaha. i want to go so bad!!! i LOVE texas & i have a new cousin i havent met in fort worth!!! i think a trip there is a must!!! :) those sand castles are amazing!!! ps. i love your swimsuits!! so cute! :)

Tina said...

Yes, you do look like you've worked out. You look great! You always look adorable no matter where you are.
You should have said that your family built the sandcastle. I totally would have believed you!!

marcia said...

wow those sand castles are amazing! That would be so fun to be near the beach. You should go once a month. I would love to see how they make them.

marcia said...

wow those sand castles are amazing! That would be so fun to be near the beach. You should go once a month. I would love to see how they make them.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Good job on the taking the photos, look great!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)