Thursday, June 10, 2010

Moving is a Hazard

Cover Image

When we moved I lost a few things. My coupon binder, my cookbooks, my favorite lamp. (scored it for $30 from $250!) I know. Weird. I did manage to NOT LOSE my child, mind or my marriage. I consider it a win. However, my heart aches each time I reach into my would-be cupboard for my faithful cookbook. My toes hurt each time I stub them on the table due to lack of light. And I cannot begin to express my pain at the loss of my trusty coupon binder. As I thought about replacements, I thought about what things make me happy. And here they are.  I would like to get these two books. The Pioneer Woman and Bakerella. But I can't.
I also want a shirt from each place.
TPW_8992
The Pioneer Woman I cant ever have. EVER. I missed the book signing. It was before I became a fan. (sigh....)  But I could get the Bakerella one. Actually, I can't. I have 6 more months of no shopping. (BIG sigh). And I publicly apologize to the hubbs for putting myself through this. I am sure he has had enough of my complaining. Or should I say, self-inflicted pain.


3 comments:

Hayden Life said...

I feel your pain. I am doing the no shopping thing. I only shop for birthdays and grocerys. Quite difficult but I am realizing that my kids don't really NEED that many clothes. It has been good.

Kelsi said...

So.. just have McKay buy it as an early birthday present :)

Jake and Kari Williams said...

Makana, have I ever told you that you are my role model??? Well . . . you are!! seriously. You are the best! We miss you guys! Love ya!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)