Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'd do it again you know...

Phil Foster: I'd do it again you know? Us, you, me the kids, all of it. I'd do it again. I'd choose you every time.
Claire Foster: If we are going to pay this much for crab it better sing and dance and introduce us to the Little Mermaid! 




Remember the post here. Of course you don't. I mean, who really remembers things from other people's lives anyhow? Who even really reads all of this post?


The Hubbs a some of you as well are over a week into the Summer of Love. Part of this for us here in Houston means that each week we trade off with who plans a date. I NEVER KNEW how tough guys had it planning dates! It is hard work let me tell you. I got the idea for this one from The Dahling Divas because let's be honest here, I am just not that creative. (feel free to dispute this one in the comment section)


Here is how the whole night went down:
24hr before: Watched the preview for Date night
18hr before: Printed off fake tickets and stuck to the mirror so the hubbs would see it in the morning
5pm day of! Hubbs and I get ready to go. Take picts, pack the toddler up and drop her off at the sitters. Thanks again Steph!
5:40p-Dinner at PF Changs on the Patio (Thank you Brandon and Shelby). We make reservations as the Triplehorns and ten act like a silly couple and as spys. And we play the "Guess their story game" We did this when we were dating each other as single people so it was extra fun
6:30p-Go see Date Night at the Dollar Movie Theater
7:30p-Walked out of Date Night between the f-bomb and the strip scene
Do a few errands, pick up the toddler and pick up ice cream and cold medicine. 
NOTE: even on a date night we can't manage to do "parenting" things. 


It was like a real date when we were single... the dressing up, the anticipation, and even the walking out of yucky movies together. 
This week is McKay's turn. And he has a big date planned for us!  


7 comments:

Kelsi said...

Oh Makana you are so very creative! Don't do yourself the dishonor of saying you are not. (Dif I dispute it enough). In all seriousness it was cute and it looked like you guys had fun.

Hans and Chelsey said...

That is awesome. Hans and I might have to steal your idea. It is a good one.

Tina said...

So, the movie wasn't good? It looked like you walked out of it!!
What a fun date night. Can't wait to hear about McKay's date... in person!!!! Only three more days...

kaysi van dyke fox said...

hahahaha. ok, i love everything about this post!!! so funny! we LOVED that movie!! so cool that you guys put ur reso under the triplehorns! LOVE IT!!!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

hahahaha. ok, i love everything about this post!!! so funny! we LOVED that movie!! so cool that you guys put ur reso under the triplehorns! LOVE IT!!!

JDizzle said...

You have a vote from me of yes you are creative. :) Looks fun

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am amazed by your energy and wish that I had a fourth of it! Looks like fun, and anybody who blogs like you and does what you do has CREATIVE written all over!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)