Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Crayola,

My sweet Crayola,

We have been together through a lot over the years.It was you who was with me when I first learned to spell my name. Through Grammar school you comforted me with your new big box and built-in sharpener, always ready to color when teacher asked us to draw our summer vacation. Then in junior high school you came with different smells such as "popcorn" and "chocolate"; again an added comfort during those awkward years of puberty We were been together during that particular long car trip to Colorado where the little brother puked on everything. You were the one who helped me illustrate it in detail and you were the one even in College who allowed me to use you on a dreadful date to diagram the water cycle. Yes Crayola, you have always been there for me. You are reliable, sturdy, and provider of color for every occasion and mood I may be in.

Now look how you have grown! You are no longer restricted to colored wax in paper. You have become an essential to any worthy mothers emergency pack. Coloring on the walls is no longer a fear with Color Wonder. Little hands can grab your waxy flesh to color or stack together with no problem  as you pose in Beginning Jumbler. And my personal favorite, your water soluble formula that, after all these years, allows me to write and draw in the shower thus giving a surprise pleasure to those who will follow.

And so I thank you Crayola my love for the many years of memories for me and the many to come for my family. You have been with my daughter every step of the way and through every stage of life.




PS: What is your favorite Crayola product or memory. Come on now, don't be shy!

5 comments:

Tina said...

That is so cute! I don't think I knew about the crayons being used in the shower like that. What a good idea~
I love the Color Wonder and my kids love coloring with those at church! Worry free for me!!
(Can't wait to see you Saturday!!!!)

Kelsi said...

Ah how I love crayola. But all I remember in elementary school was that I wasn't cool enough to have the sharpner in the back. I just had the little twelve pack with no cool features.

Bird is the Word said...

I love crayons don't get me wrong, but the Magic Eraser is right up there because it gets the crayon off my walls SO easy... good times!

marcia said...

sometimes I wish I was born 20 years later to enjoy all these new inventions. The kids would have loved that!

The Parrys said...

haha! you always make me laugh! thats awesome!

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)