Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bedtime Story for everyone

A few months ago, (has it rally been THAT long?) I talked about the iPad and this. A Story Before Bed.
I blogged about it and therefore felt that I needed to take it for my very own Hawaiian-style test drive. And so it was late one night with the toddler asleep and the hubbs in the next room that I was alone with the laptop, my TV, a webcam and internet. We have our laptop feed into our TV (I am sure that is the technical term) so our little screen is now a VERY BIG screen.

I entered in my user name and my password. And, OH NO! Whats wrong?! I knew something was not right. The VERY BIG screen was VERY MUCH all BLACK. I emailed the customer service and the sweet and ever prompt Hillel responded. I thought, "She must never sleep" and then "She is Superwoman" followed by "I got to get whatever she is on."

After a few brief emails the problem was resolved. It was a due to user error. Go figure. Once again I typed in my user name and my password. And my oh my... I was introduced to virtual heaven.

Books upon books at my fingertips. All it took was a click of the mouse to browse through page after page of books.  With so many choices I decided to try the Itsy-Bitsy Spider. Simple. Classic. And free. The result? I loved it. I think that being able to "read" aloud a story via computer is a really innovative way top connect to those inside your home and those who may not be inside your home right now but are inside your heart. I will let you check it out here. (Don't judge me off the cheap quality web-cam)

Oh one more thing. Both the Toddler and the hubbs LOVED it. I am going to make more. And you should too. Especially if you are far from your loved ones.



No comments:

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)