Thursday, June 17, 2010

The end of Cheerios in our home

I awoke to something touching my face. My nose and mouth to be specific. Hmmm, i think. It smells an awful lot like chocolate. My eyes are still closed and I am not sure what is going on.
................................................................................................................................
Gasp! I have a toddler! I shoot of bed like a bat out of you-know-where and look.
.................................................................................................................................
And I see it. Chocolate. Its on hands, face, pajamas, and my just laundered white sheets. "Ok, I get it. First, we need to put a lock on your door. Second, you need breakfast." And if I could have read her mind or understood her words that spilled out I would have known she already tried. I wonder briefly why she runs into the kitchen and attribute it to her growling tummy. I pull on some clothes and follow after her only to hear a sound I have never heard before.
Swishing cheerios. Crunching cheerios. Cheerio-snow angels singing with new birth. Lovely. And like the good mother who is half-asleep with the smell of chocolate (which I DO NOT like) stuck into my smeller, I get my camera and snap-snap-snap.
.............................................................................................................................
"this is going to make a great post." I think to myself. Now it time to throw away all of these cheerios and bring the cheerio-snow-angels and quick death. And for the record, resurrection is not an option.

5 comments:

makana said...

i was trying to figure out if I should get upset. Then i realized she is not eve two. So that really would not make much a difference. But she did help me throw it all away.

Kelsi said...

Ha she's just showing her independence. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.. cheerio snow angels would be awesome! Thanks for the idea jaed.

Hayden Life said...

Messes like these I wouldn't really mind if my kids actually let me sleep. The first thing they do at 630 am is come to my room and beg for eggs and bacon... I would rather clean up and sleep...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this is awesome. What a cutie she is! I would love to be a fly on the wall when our kids are doing crazy things like this because they are trying to be grown up!

Bird is the Word said...

haha! WHY is this SO my life as well. I feel like EVERY morning I SPRING out of bed remembering I have a toddler AND a little one... ONE is bound to be need SOMETHING... (Luckily my little baby can not get out of his crib yet)Hubby made the comment the other day that we should move him to his sisters old toddler bed and I kinda freaked out just at the tought of TWO kids being able to wake me up in the morning...

I am realizing that this is mostly me, (makana) you get to read about in this blog. Hmm... well, lucky you! :)